Well the time has finally come. The Wipeout Buggy is going back together. After months and months of determining what needed to be done or fixed we finally came to a conclusion. Pretty much start over. And when we got through we had her down to a bare chassis.
So to start the rebuild at this point the chassis had some pretty bad welds from when the chassis was shortened. This chassis had been shortened by 14 1/2″ to get it to a 80″ wheel base for the fiberglass body. So the welds were cleaned up and re welded to make it nice and strong. The floor pan where the seats bolt in seem too thin from a safety stand point to keep the seats in tack in an accident. So we added sheet metal to the floor pan to strengthen the chassis as well as provide a secure area to bolt the seats and seat belts in.
Then I decided Wipeout needed a good coat of something to keep her from rusting and deaden some of the road noise if possible. Down from Auto Facelifts shop there is a company that does spray-in bed liners. The product is very durable and is just what she needed. So we had them coat the top and the bottom of the chassis. Now the chassis looks brand new and is ready to start going back together.
Still have a lot to do. I’ll keep updating as she comes back together.